Ontario Small Business Support Grant
Details of a new grant called the Ontario Small Business Support Grant have just been released by the Ontario government. This grant will provide $10,000 to $20,000 in funding for eligible businesses.
Who is eligible?
- Click here for a list of types of business activities that are eligible.
- Organizations that were required to close or significantly restrict services due to the Provincewide Shutdown that became effective on 2020-12-26, AND
- Have fewer than 100 employees across all commonly controlled organizations, AND
- Have experienced a minimum of 20% drop in revenue in April 2020 when compared to April 2019. (New businesses and seasonal businesses can use an alternative comparative period.)
Who is NOT eligible?
- Businesses already required to close prior to the modified Stage 2 provincial health measures on October 10, 2020.
- Businesses still open but with reduced restrictions (e.g., grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies)
- Businesses owned by the government or by a personal holding federal or provincial office.
What do I get and when?
- The minimum amount is stated to be $10,000 and the maximum $20,000.
- There is no mention in current publications of how the amount is calculated for each recipient.
- Recipients can use the support in any way that makes sense for their organizations.
- Eligible organizations are also eligible for the property tax and energy cost rebate.
- This grant will be based on property taxes and energy costs incurred when the targeted health restrictions are in place.
- Specific amounts have not yet been published.
- Organizations that are entitled to the Ontario Small Business Support Grant may also be eligible for Ontario’s Main Street Relief Grant.
- This will be determined during the application process.
- Provides one-time grants of up to $1,000 for PPE.
- Payments are expected to be issued within 10 business days after application.
- Payments will be made via EFT to the bank account provided during the application process.
When and where do I apply?
- You can apply now!
- Click here to apply for any/all of the 3 Ontario grants.
- Application closing date is March 31, 2021.
List of Eligible Business Activities
- Before- and after- school programs
- Cannabis retail stores
- Cell phone and computer providers & repairs
- Community centres and multi-purpose facilities
- Conference centres and convention centres
- Day camps for children
- Domestic services
- Drive-in cinemas
- Driving instruction
- Facilities for indoor sports and recreational fitness activities (including fitness centres and gyms)
- Garden centres
- Hardware stores (including Big Box stores) required to close for in-person shopping
- In person teaching and instruction
- Media industries including film and television production (excluding radio/television broadcasting)
- Meeting or event space
- Museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attraction
- Outdoor markets (excluding grocery)
- Outdoor sports and recreation facilities
- Performing arts and cinemas
- Personal care services relating to the hair or body (excluding oxygen bars)
- Personal services
- Pet/animal food and services
- Photography services
- Racing venues, casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishment
- Rental and leasing services (including automobile, commercial and light industrial machinery and equipment rental)
- Restaurants and bars
- Retail required to close for in-person shopping
- Safety, medical and assistive devices retail (excluding pharmacies)
- Shopping malls
- Ski hills
- Tour and guide services
- Vehicle and equipment repair services
- Veterinary services
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.